UNION OF DAIRY, BEEF, FOOD INDUSTRIALISTS AND PRODUCERS OF TURKEY
Union of Dairy Beef, Food Industrialists and Producers of Turkey (SETBIR), which has been operating since 1976 for the aim of developing dairy and meat industries, is Turkey’s umbrella civil society organization in this area.
SETBIR, a non-profit association based in Ankara, provides its members with new production technologies through national and international projects.
SETBIR has identified the raw material problem, food security and the fight against the informal economy as priority issues in all these activities.
By keeping abreast of dairy and meat sectors in Turkey and in world, to be the most active non-governmental organization that keeps the stakeholders of the sector in interaction and communication with each other.
To provide sustainable production of dairy and meat products which are the main sources of animal protein, which is essential to consume, in order to enhance the physical and mental capacity of human. To inform and promote the society to increase consumption of dairy and meat products and to remove the obstacles.
Our Targets and Efforts
- To be the voice of Turkey meat and dairy industry, by fulfilling the representation tasks most effectively at national and international levels,
- To make true and effective promotion of Turkey meat and dairy sectors in international arena,
- To inform our members and the sector proactively about the relevant food legislation, especially for meat and milk regulations,
- To create the opinion of the sector in the legislation studies and reflect on the works,
- To follow and forecast Turkey and world’s meat and dairy sectors’ market information and trends.
Who Are the Members of SETBIR?
The members of SETBIR are the companies, which have industrial activity in dairy and meat sectors in Turkey and the producer and supplier companies which give support to these enterprises. In addition, large-scale dairy and meat producers and farms are also members of SETBIR. In this sense, SETBIR is an umbrella organization that includes a large part of the livestock sector in general.
In SETBIR, companies can be represented by one or more members through real and legal memberships.
SETBIR management board consists of a president, four vice-presidents and 10 board members.
The Advantages of Being SETBIR Member
- SETBIR protects the common benefits of its members and provides solidarity among them.
- It guides the dairy and meat industrialists professionally, technically, socially and economically.
- It systematically follows the legislation concerning the dairy and meat industry, submits its views as a SETBIR opinion in order to provide sectoral interests related to the relevant legislation and acts as a representative for the members at the stages of legislation formation.
- It provides accurate and regular information on the latest developments in the EU legislation on milk and meat and informs its members about the EU system.
- It accesses to current statistical data of dairy and meat sectors in EU countries and other countries where our country is engaged in trade and obtains information about the data foreseen for the next years and shares with its members.
- It contributes to the creation of sufficient demand for increased production in the country and the creation of export opportunities in foreign markets.
- SETBIR, which is a well-established umbrella organization for the dairy, meat and food sectors and has developed its relations and contacts with all public institutions since its past, acts as a bridge between its members and public institutions.
- It investigates, collects data and informs members about the problems experienced by its members within the scope of their activities.
- SETBIR provides a non-competitive and shared platform on specific issues related to the dairy and meat sectors, protects the common benefits of its members and ensures solidarity between them.
- It supports the growth of Turkish livestock sector and the aim of producing products that are suitable for public health and have highly competitive capacity in world markets in the scope of quality and cost.
We are in intense communication with international authorities in the pursuit of issues such as livestock and meat trade, EU-based support programs, the Global Compact, global milk market, developments in the sector and technological innovations.
- UECBV (European Livestock and Meat Trades Union)
- CLITRAVI (Liaison Center for the Meat Processing Industry in the European Union)
- SPES GEIE (Spread European Safety) Consortium
- UN Global Compact
- International Dairy Federation
- Food Drink Europe
National Organisations That SETBIR Is A Member
- National Council of Milk (USK)
- National Council of Red Meat (UKON)
- Federation of Food and Drink Industry Associations of Turkey (TGDF)
SETBİR Reference Projects:
SETBİR plays a part in national and international projects. So, SETBİR serves to improve production technologies and process conveniences and introduce new technologies in industries. For that purpose, there are EU projects in where SETBİR is partner or coordinator. SETBİR takes on tasks as membership of member committee and scientific committee and carrying out work packages in the projects where SETBİR participates actively.
LA FEDERACIÓN EMPRESARIAL DE AGROALIMENTACIÓN DE LA COMUNIDAD VALENCIANA
La Federación Empresarial de Agroalimentación de la Comunidad Valenciana (Valencia Regional Food Business Federation) is composed of 36 associations representing a total of 2,800 companies, equivalent to more than 75% of the total number of companies present in the sector.
Our mission is to:
- represent the Valencian food and agriculture sector.
- serve as a point of connection between the food and agriculture sector and the Public Administration.
- defend the interests of our associations and companies both within the Valencia Region and throughout other regions.
- keep our members up to date with all the latest information relative to the sector.
- promote the concepts of quality, training and innovation among our members.
THE HISTORY OF FEDACOVA
On 5th March 1991, the Valencia Region`s provincial and regional agrofood sector associations decided to consolidate their relationships through the creation of a representational organization.
The resulting organization was named Federación Empresarial de Agroalimentación de la Comunidad Valenciana (Valencia Regional Agrofood Business Federation) and its stated aim was to become the sector`s representational voice in order to defend the sector?s interests and to transmit its concerns to the Regional Administration.
In 1991, FEDACOVA represented 5 associations and 174 companies. Today, the Federation has 36 member associations, which in turn represent 2,800 companies, more than 70% of the total number within the sector. This collective is responsible for generating 35,000+ and 60,000+ direct and indirect jobs, respectively, within the Valencia Region.
MEMBERS OF FEDACOVA
FEDACOVA is composed of 36 associations and 2,800 companies, which represent the majority of the sub-sectors within the Valencia Region´s agrofood sector. Some of these sectors are: Aquafarming, Poultry Farming, Meat products, Fruit and Vegetables, Dried Fruits and Nuts, Eggs and derivaties, Honey, Dairy products, Sauces etc.
In addition to acting in representation of the interests of those companies pertaining to the agrofood sector, FEDACOVA is dedicated to maintaining close contact with our associates´ daily reality. With this aim in mind, the Federation offers a wide range of useful services to our member associations and companies.
- Legal Consultancy.
- Labour Consultancy.
- Insurance Management.
- Quality Control and Management.
- Periodic information of matters of interest to the sector.
- Attendance at national and international trade fairs and congresses.
- Presentation of workshops and conferences on matters of general and sectorial interest.
To form part of FEDACOVA is to belong to one of the Valencia Region´s leading Federations. It means participating in the projection of the sector and counting on the support of a solid representation before local, regional, national and international Administrative bodies. It means receiving training and information related to the latest developments within the sector. FEDACOVA provides union, guarantee and prestige to its associates.